MEALS AVAILABLE DURING DISTANCE LEARNING
Dear SPUSD Families,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! The Food and Nutrition Department wants to assure you that we are HERE and will be ready to serve MEALS to all families during these challenging times.
During a normal school year, the Food and Nutrition Department feeds over half of our elementary students, and one-third of our secondary students daily. Our department is 100% self-supporting, with our only revenue coming from the sale of meals and snack items. If your family has been regular customers over the years, we need you now more than ever! Check out the MENU! Keep the kids connected! Support our program!
Currently, the USDA waiver to serve free meals to all district students and siblings, as we did in the spring, has not been extended to this school year. Meals will need to be purchased in the category your student(s) qualify for, similar to a regular school year. Free eligibility = free breakfast and lunch. Reduced-price eligibility = 30₵ for breakfast, 40₵ for lunch. If you have been affected economically due to the COVID crisis, we encourage you to complete a meal application for free or reduced-price meals. Meals will also be available for purchase for non-school age siblings, and also adults.
Beginning Thursday, August 13th, the first day of school, we will be serving curbside, Breakfast and Lunch for all students at two locations: The first day we will provide one breakfast and lunch to be reheated at home. Subsequent days families will be provided with up to 2-3 days of meals (breakfast and lunch) per student.*Food handling and heating instructions will be attached. Online ordering is coming soon!
MEAL PICK-UP LOCATIONS and SCHEDULE: Bring your school ID or provide your meal PIN.
- South Pasadena High School: Meals will be distributed on the east side of Diamond Avenue, across from the South Pasadena High School basketball gym. Cars will line up headed north.
TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS: 7:30 A.M. - 8:30 A.M. Hot food not offered.
10:45 A.M. – 1:30 P.M. Hot food on day of pick up!
- Arroyo Vista Elementary School: 335 El Centro Street, South Pasadena, CA.
TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS: 10:45 A.M. – 1:30 P.M. Hot food on day of pick up!
- Parents/families will drive up to the designated area. *Please follow signs.
- School ID cards with bar code or meal PIN must be provided-ID cards will be scanned through window. Parents may pick up meals without children present.
- Order any additional snacks or meals for non-student family members.
- Meals will be deposited into trunk or hatch of car. Place car in park to open. Remain in vehicle.
Walk-up Service- Please wear a mask.
- Student/Parent shows ID or provides meal PIN. Meal items will be placed on the receiving table.
- Student/Parent orders items and picks up complete meals, then exits the campus. No congregating please.
Thank you in advance for your patience as we navigate through unfamiliar territory!
Any Questions call the Food & Nutrition Services at 626-441-5820 ext. 2951, or 2950